Homes that are decorated according to classic tastes and today's trends are more likely to be purchased. But redesigning your home to meet your dream standards can be expensive. Here are five tips for decorating your "champagne" home on a "beer" budget.
1. Paint Rather than adding a bunch of new furniture or upgraded fixtures to a space, you can apply a fresh coat of new paint to give it a brand-new feel. You can paint all your walls one color or you can mix things up a little. Here are some special tips on what you can do with paint:
Paint an accent wall.
Paint a pattern into the wall.
Invite a talented artist friend over and let them create a mural.
Paint an accent ceiling.
Paint the doors and leave the walls white.
2. Forget brand names You can save a ton of money by buying some not-so-new furniture outside the walls of traditional furniture stores. You can purchase furniture and accessories for a fraction of the retail price within a five-mile radius of you at places like these:
Near (but not in) dumpsters.
Pro Tip:You can save even more money if you know how to haggle. Put thesenegotiation skillsto good use.
3. Follow the DIY trends Now's your chance to make all your Pinterest board dreams come true. Rather than calling in experts and paying them hundreds or even thousands of dollars, you can upgrade your light fixtures, floor boards, door bells and appliances yourself to give your home that champagne feel.
4. Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose Use your creative skills to reinvent some of your yard sale finds or repurpose some of the items you already own into new treasures. Here are some examples of what we mean:
Use old window shutters as mail organizers.
Stack and arrange wooden pallets to make a shabby-chic coffee table.
Promote your old coffee table to new patio table.
Use a trunk or chest as a functional coffee table.
Lay glass over an old door and make it into a new dining table.
Hang an old stepping stool to create a shadowbox-like shelf.
5. Have a yard sale of your own You can make room in your home and in your budget by selling some of your old clothes, furniture pieces, games or DVDs. A yard or garage sale is a fun way to remove unwanted clutter. You could also ask your customers what they plan to do with the items they purchase to get ideas on how you can upgrade your home.
If you need more ideas on how you can make your home more inviting to prospective home buyers, reach out to us with questions.
Author:Brian Weast Phone: 972-880-0369 Dated: February 24th 2017 Views: 434 About Brian: Brian has a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M Commerce and a Masters of Liberal Arts from Texas Chr...
About BRIAN WEAST REAL ESTATE GROUP, KELLER WILLIAMS
Welcome to the Brian Weast Real Estate Group, Keller Williams Realty!
You have found the right real estate team to assist you with all your real estate needs. Our knowledge of the market and attention to detail enables us to offer unparalleled customer service. Whether Selling, Buying or Investing, we will take care of you and guide you through the real estate process.
Brian Weast Real Estate Group utilizes the latest technologies, market research and business strategies to exceed your expectations. More importantly, we listen and that means we find solutions tailored for you.
Thanks for starting your real estate search with us! This website is full of useful information for you whether buying or selling.
After you have reviewed this information, contact me to find out more about how we can help.
We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!
You Get One Shot at a Good First ImpressionDo you believe in love at f
"When we decided to sell our home, we wanted a knowledgeable realtor in whom we had confidence and loved our neighborhood as much as we did. We wanted a Realtor who had all the resources needed to bring qualified buyers. That brought us to the Brian Weast Real Estate Group. We received our first offer within three days of listing. We could not be happier."